Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring cleaning...for the body Part 1

About twice a year I get in a fight with food. I get to the point where I'm constantly craving something (beats me what it is..) and eat everything in sight trying to figure out what it is. (And no, it's not red meat, those of you who think I'm dying from a protein deficiency) Or I just don't really want to eat anything, I wander around starving, but grossed out by everything in the fridge.

Hopefully it doesn't get worse when I'm pregnent.

But this time, after an especially bad bout of bouncing back and forth between the two I decided to detox. The idea behiend the detox (or at least my detox) is to cut out all the yucky stuff (extra sodium, sugars, etc.) and let my body clean itself out and get my metabolism evened out (metabolism here meaning the chemical processes of the body). So here's the menu for the next couple days:
  • fresh or steamed veggies (no adding salt or butter)
  • fresh fruit or fruit juice
  • tons of water
  • lots of ginger tea with lemon and peppermint tea (helps clean up the mess)
  • whole grains cooked with water
  • plain whole milk yogurt (no additives)
  • tofu (usually blended with fruit)
  • extras allowed: lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, spices
Seems extreme, but it's only for 3 days. I'll check in and let you know how I'm doing tomorrow.

3 comments:

Kyle Lauritzen said...

Good luck and I hope it helps.

Jonathan Weiss said...

How are you mixing fruit with tofu? (0:

Bethany Hull said...

In a blender. With my fruit and yogurt smoothie.