Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Crunch time.


I have lost my ballet slippers 4 times this semester, apart from the 6 times I've lost other pairs of dance shoes.

But I've been doing better.

In fact at least 50% better, as this time I have only lost 1 of my ballet slippers.

But there are good things about loosing your ballet slippers.

For one, my teacher complimented me a lot more on my dancing when the sock foot was working, rather than the shoe foot. Maybe I'll get a better grade if I take my ballet final in socks.

And all the people that work in the lost and found from 10-11 have been educated on all the different types of dance shoes one girl can have. I didn't even have to explain to them what a character shoe was this time!!!


Anyway here in Provo there is less than a week of school left and it's crunch time. All personal hygiene and health goes out the door as we all struggle towards the finish line. Even I have been forced to succumb to the finals mania. The library is now open til 2am and I have just purchased half a dozen donuts in hopes that they will sustain me til then.

I'm going to hit it hard tonight.... And eat donuts! Yum!

3 comments:

Laura said...

You had me until the donuts. Good luck finding your shoe, and drink some milk with those donuts. Your brain could probably use some protien.

kyle said...

I thought the same thing with one of her compliments today, that maybe the sock-thing was a form of lucky charm or something.

Oh, and I have a few donuts in front of me right at this very moment.

... I guess great minds think alike.

Bethany Hull said...

Laura:

Mmmm...milk. Unfortunatly I'm drinking smartwater with my donuts. :(

Kyle: Yeah, I realized today how badly ballet slippers stick to the floor.

But the pique turns were pretty hard in socks.

And also I realized that my shoe doesn't have a very deep vamp so it doesn't look like I have much of a point. I was watching myself in the mirror during Scottish in bare feet thinking "Wow! My points pretty good!"