Monday, September 7, 2009

Put in your vote!-- Latin Ballroom or Tap?

So I have 2 classes on the same day at the same time and I need both of them!!! So I am going to enlist your intelligence to help me choose which one I should take. So here are the pros and cons for each one:

Latin Ballroom
Pros:
  • I have been taking ballroom all summer and I still can't move me hips right. I'm hip-tarded.
  • I'm dating a ballroom dancer and it's kind of a downer when your boyfriend can shake it like Shakira and you can't.
  • Before I graduate I'm required to take 400 level ballroom classes. Which means I should probably finish my 100 level classes asap
  • Shawn Fisher is teaching it and not a student.
Cons:
  • The class is offered every semester. I could take it whenever
  • I'm already taking standard ballroom
  • I will get a lot of practice at social dance nights
Tap
Pros:
  • Gary is teaching it and not a student (which is much more significant than if a student taught my ballroom class)
  • I will have the opportunity to teach this class--- and I'm not a tapper, so I should probably learn the material
  • Todd will be taking it with me (Not sure if this is a Pro or a Con....)
  • It will be an easy A, and I've always wanted to take tap!

Cons:
  • I should be responsible and take Latin Ballroom
Sooo..... Which one?!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I loved Latin Ballroom. Do you have a good partner, or are you just signing up cold turkey?

Good partner- take the class while you can dance with someone who knows what they're doing.

No partner/ lame partner- take tap. I think tap is just as important to understand and it is SO NOT the same as clogging or Irish.

There's my 2 cents. Good luck.

Jonathan Weiss said...

Tap dance is my vote. (0;